Clubs will commence on Tuesday 23rd April 2019. This menu lets you know the wide variety of after school, lunch time and before school clubs available to our children. The majority of our clubs (before, during and after school) are run by the staff in their own free time as they are dedicated to building relationships with the children and giving them opportunities they may not otherwise have. These clubs are free of charge. In most cases where we are using an external provider, the school is bearing the cost of this to make access fairer to all. Information regarding music tuition, drum lessons, Speech and Drama and Little Musketeers will be sent to you separately as these clubs are run privately and are chargeable.
Our aim is to give all children equal opportunity to take part in clubs. We try to make this as fair as possible to all which means we look termly at the number of children wanting to do each activity by asking you to fill in your preferences on the reply form. If the same children want to do the same activity for the following term, great; however, if different pupils would like to give it a go then it is only fair that we share out the spaces accordingly over the year.
We have more children participating in extra-curricular activities than ever before which is fantastic. There are only so many days in the week and hours in the day but we are always looking to find ways of getting more children involved so watch this space!
Clubs will be running weeks commencing:
Tuesday 23rd April 2019 Monday 10th June 2019
Monday 29th April 2019 Monday 17th June 2019
Tuesday 7th May 2019 Monday 24th June 2019
Monday 13th May 2019 Monday 1st July 2019
Monday 20th May 2019 Monday 8th July 2019
Monday 3rd June 2019 Monday 15th July 2019
- Forms to be returned by Monday 25th March 2019 at the latest.
- If your child wishes to continue with a club, they will need to register again for that club.
- Please indicate your order of preference so club places can be fairly distributed, with ‘1’ indicating the club your child most wishes to attend. Please do not put 1’s down for every club.
- Waiting lists will be kept should a club become oversubscribed.
- Club letters will be sent out before the end of term.
- Clubs will commence on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
- Please collect children promptly after their club.
- Conkers After School Club needs to be booked separately through the Kids Club HQ bookings system https://chalkwellhall.kidsclubhq.co.uk/.
- Please tell a member of the office staff if your child will not be attending on a particular night, to avoid unnecessary searching and phone calls.
- Cookery, Pottery and Year 3 Science Club run on a half termly basis.
- Choir and Drama will continue with their current membership as they are working towards a performance.
- 11+ club will continue to run on Wednesday mornings from 8.00am to 8.30am. This club is open to all Year 5 children and you do not need to register for it.
- Clubs will end for the Summer term on Friday 19th July 2019.
Please return the slip to the school office by Monday 25th March 2019 at the latest.
Child’s Name: …………………………………………………………………………………………………….. Class: ………………………………….…..
My child’s going home arrangements after attending an after school club are as follows:
o I will pick my child up from Chalkwell Hall Junior School on a Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday
o My child will walk home from school on a Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday
o My child will attend Conkers After School Club on a Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday
Please indicate below whether your child has any allergies or medical conditions:
Parent/Carer Name: …………………………………………………………………….. Contact Phone Number: …………………………………………..
Please mark the clubs in order of preference by putting a 1 in the column next to the club your child would like to do most, and then a 2 for the next favourite, and so on. Please do not put more than one ‘1’, or ‘2’, etc.
|DAY & TIME||CLUB||YEAR GROUP||PREFERENCE ORDER
|ATTENDED IN A PREVIOUS TERM?|
|Mondays at 12.15pm||Homework Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Mondays at 12.15pm||Boccia/Kurling Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Mondays at 12.15pm||YEAR 3 Table Tennis||Year 3 only||YES / NO|
|Mondays at 3.15pm – 4.30pm||Southend United Football Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Mondays at 3.15pm||Glee Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Mondays at 3.15pm to 4.15pm||Year 3 & 4 Code Club||Years 3 and 4||YES / NO|
|Mondays at 3.15pm||Knitting Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Mondays at 3.15pm||Pottery Club (half termly)||All Years||YES / NO|
|Tuesdays at 8.00am||Cross Country||All Years||YES / NO|
|Tuesdays at 12.15pm||Cartoon Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Tuesdays at 12.15pm||Science Club (half termly)||Year 3||YES / NO|
|Tuesdays at 12.15pm||YEAR 5 Table tennis||Year 5 only||YES / NO|
|Tuesdays at 12.15pm||Chess Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Tuesdays at 3.15pm||Science Club||Years 4, 5 & 6||YES / NO|
|Tuesdays at 3.15pm||Art Club||Years 5 and 6||YES / NO|
|Tuesdays at 3.15pm – 4.30pm||Drama Club – MEMBERS TO REMAIN||Years 5 and 6|
|Tuesdays at 3.15pm||Cookery Club (half termly)||All Years||YES / NO|
|Wednesdays at 12.15pm||Homework Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Wednesdays at 12.15pm||Choir – MEMBERS TO REMAIN||All Years|
|Wednesdays at 12.15pm||YEAR 6 Table Tennis||Year 6 only||YES / NO|
|Wednesdays at 3.15pm||Dance Club||Years 3 and 4||YES / NO|
|Thursdays at 12.15pm||Craft Club||Years 5 and 6||YES / NO|
|Thursdays at 3.15pm||Boys & Girls Football Club (SWSSP)||Years 3 and 4||YES / NO|
|Thursdays at 3.15pm||Sewing Club||Years 5 and 6||YES / NO|
|Thursdays at 3.15pm||Art Club||Years 3 and 4||YES / NO|
|Thursdays at 3.15pm||Photography Club||All Years||YES / NO|
|Thursdays at 3.15pm||Girls Football||Years 5 and 6||YES / NO|
|Fridays at 12.15pm||Year 4 Table Tennis||Year 4 only||YES / NO|
|Fridays at 3.15pm||Dance Club||Years 5 and 6||YES / NO|
|Fridays at 3.15pm – 4.15pm||Year 5 & 6 Code Club||Years 5 and 6||YES / NO|