Clubs will commence on Monday 6th January 2020 (with the exception of Southend United which will commence on 13th January 2020). The attached clubs list lets you know the wide variety of after school, lunch time and before school clubs available to our children. The majority of our clubs (before, during and after school) are run by the staff in their own free time as they are dedicated to building relationships with the children and giving them opportunities they may not otherwise have.
Most clubs are free of charge. In most cases where we are using an external provider, the school is bearing the cost of this to make access fairer to all.
Information regarding chargeable clubs such as music tuition, drum lessons, Speech and Drama and Little Musketeers will be sent to you separately. These are run privately by external companies.
Our aim is to give all children equal opportunity to take part in clubs. We are striving to make this as fair as possible to all which means we look termly at the number of children wanting to do each activity by asking you to fill in your preferences on the reply form. If the same 20 or 30 children want to do the same activity for the following term, great; however, if 30 different pupils would like to give it a go then it is only fair that we share out the spaces accordingly over the year. There will be a few exceptions for the Spring Term as the following clubs are already working towards performances or are already training for upcoming sports events: Drama, Dance, Glee and Girls Football. Children already in these clubs should put them down as their first preference. There are a few spaces available in Dance, Drama and Girls Football.
We have more children participating in extra-curricular activities than ever before which is fantastic. There are only so many days in the week and hours in the day but we are always looking to find ways of getting more children involved so watch this space!
NEW FOR SPRING TERM 2020 NEW FOR SPRING TERM 2020
**Stop Animation Club** (Directors will have the opportunity to make their own short stop animation films using apps and props of their choice. Complete creative freedom for the subject of the film but there will be suggested projects each week).
**Book Club** (A book club is one of the best ways to combine learning and fun. We will be exploring books together and carrying out fun, book related activities).
**Dodgeball** Friday lunchtimes for Years 5 & 6 and Thursday lunchtimes for Years 3 & 4.
Clubs will be running weeks commencing:
Monday 6th January 2020 Monday 24th February 2020
Monday 13th January 2020 Monday 2nd March 2020
Monday 20th January 2020 Monday 9th March 2020
Monday 27th January 2020 Monday 16th March 2020
Monday 3rd February 2020 Monday 23rd March 2020
Monday 10th February 2020 Monday 30th March 2020
Please note Knitting Club will not be continuing in the Spring Term.
11+ club commences for Year 5 children (no maximum)
Wednesdays at 8.00am to 8.30am – a separate letter will be coming out shortly.
CLUB RULES/IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Forms to be returned by Friday 6th December 2019 at the latest.
- Please indicate your order of preference so club places can be fairly distributed, with ‘1’ indicating the club your child most wishes to attend. Please do not put 1’s down for every club.
- Waiting lists will be kept should a club become oversubscribed.
- Club letters will be sent out before the end of term.
- Clubs will commence on Monday 6th January 2020 (apart from Southend United which will commence on Monday 13th January 2020).
- Please collect children promptly after their club.
- Conkers After School Club needs to be booked separately through the Kids Club HQ bookings system https://chalkwellhall.kidsclubhq.co.uk/.
- Please tell a member of the office staff if your child will not be attending on a particular night, to avoid unnecessary searching and phone calls.
- Cookery and Pottery run on a half termly basis.
- Times Table Rock Stars is a lunch time club for Years 3 & 4, no need to register, just come along when you want to.
- Marathon Club on a Friday – children must be able to run/jog continuously for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Homework Club on a Monday and Wednesday lunchtime is open to everyone, no need to register, just come along when you want to.
- 11+ club will commence on Wednesday mornings from 8.00am to 8.30am until the 11+ takes place. This club is open to all Year 5 children and you do not need to register for it. Separate letters will be sent out to Year 5 shortly.
- Clubs will end for the Spring term on Friday 3rd April 2020 unless otherwise informed.