As part of our care for the pupils of the schools, we are able to offer families wrap around care through a successful breakfast and after school club, which runs every day from 7.30am to 8.35am and 3.00pm to 6.00pm in term time. These clubs are known as Conkers Breakfast Club and Conkers After School Club. The breakfast club is £4 per session and the after school club is £8 per session.
Because of the ongoing pandemic, and guidance given to us by the government, we are having to make some changes to what we can offer for our wraparound care in September.
We will have, to start with, a reduced capacity of 40 children at either breakfast or after school club. This is to ensure the safety of your children and our staff. Once the club is back up and running, we will review this regularly and hope to be able to increase this back up to normal levels as soon as possible.
Because of the reduced capacity, we need to set some criteria for who can book. We would like to offer the provision to those who need it most first. Therefore, we will only be taking bookings in the first instance from families requiring contract bookings of 5 days a week for either breakfast or after school (or both).
Once we have established exactly how many places are required for these 5 day a week bookings, we will then notify families and invite 4 day a week bookings, then 3 days and so on.
All current contracts will be cancelled and new ones for our 5 day a week families will need to be rebooked.
We understand that this isn’t perfect, but we have to work around the guidance we have been given where we have been asked to use small, consistent groups for wraparound care if we cannot keep the children in the same bubbles they are in all day in class.
Children will be grouped when they attend the club into Year 5&6, Year 3&4, Year 1&2 and Reception in four separate areas and will have four separate areas of the playground.
All equipment that the children use will be disinfected between uses and food will be delivered to their tables to avoid queueing and mixing groups. Children will be asked to continue the regular handwashing that they will already be doing in school. Whilst children will not need to socially distance in their classes, they will be asked to maintain a level of social distancing in Conkers club to minimise mixing in line with the guidelines.
When collecting, parents will not be allowed to enter and we would ask that you maintain social distancing wherever possible when waiting for your child at the door.
Please find below further information on both Conkers Clubs:
- Mrs Tracey Roe is the Extended Schools Manager and Miss Carly Whitmore is the Deputy Extended Schools Club Manager, there are two great teams of staff who work with them in the Breakfast Club and After School Club.
- Conkers Clubs are administered by the Junior school and bookings need to be made on line through the Kids Club HQ system. To get started, go to the following link: https://chalkwellhall.kidsclubhq.co.uk/rdr?u=home. Further information about the clubs can also be obtained from the Junior school office.
- Bookings can only be made through the on-line system.
- Places for September can be booked from 15th July onwards. All bookings for September must be secured with a deposit of at least £24.
- In normal circumstances, we would prefer that payment for the whole booking is made in advance, however, we recognise that if you are booking for a term this may be difficult. Therefore, if you are unable to pay for the whole booking in advance, payment for bookings for at least the week ahead must be made by the Friday before the week in question. Failure to pay may result in your booking being cancelled. All payments must be made through the Junior school, we can accept cash or cheques made payable to Chalkwell Hall Junior School. Junior School families can pay via SIMs Pay – further details will be sent in September.
- Cancellations must be made by 3.00pm the day before the booking, failure to cancel by this time will result in the loss of the booking fee. Cancellations should be made via email (email@example.com) or telephone (07756263156).
- If it becomes apparent that you do not need your full allocation of days in September, we will discuss your future bookings with you.
- Please see the Conkers Clubs flyer for details about the activities that take place in the clubs and information on the food provided.
- We also have a policy on the Breakfast and After School Club which is available on both schools’ websites.