We would like to invite you to a 10 minute session with your child’s class teacher to discuss their progress in Year 4.
The meeting will take place during the day on Tuesday 17th November 2020 between 8am and 6pm. If you are unable to make this date please contact your child’s class teacher to arrange an alternative date, as we feel it is very important that we meet with all parents/carers.
In a normal year this would take place face-to-face in school, but in order to ensure the safety of everyone within our school community these meetings will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. The system has been trialled successfully ahead of the parent/teacher consultations, and by following the advice below we should be able to provide the same meeting experience as you would have had in normal circumstances.
Teams should work on any internet-connected phone, tablet or computer. If you do not have access to the internet at home or a suitable device then please contact the school office so that we can make alternative arrangements.
To book your meeting, you will need to click on the following link: www.chalkwellhall.co.uk/parentbookings
Once you open the link, select your child’s class at the top of the page, select the date shown above and then all available times on the day will be listed. Bookings will work on a first come, first served basis. There is a short form to complete with details about yourself and your child, as well as a box to provide the teacher with any information about any particular topics or issues you would like to discuss.
On the day of the meetings, it is really important that meetings run to time. To help our staff, and all other families in the class, we have put together a guide for parents. An electronic version is attached to this letter, and a paper copy will be sent home with your child today.
Please fill in the blanks with your meeting time and child’s log in details so that you have all the information you should need to access the meeting in the same place and keep the document to hand on the meeting day.
The Year 4 team look forward to meeting with you and discussing how your child has settled back into school life and their targets moving forwards.
Thank you for your continued support.
CHALKWELL HALL JUNIOR SCHOOL
Parent/Teacher Consultations via Microsoft Teams
To help the meetings run smoothly, and allow you the full 10 minutes of meeting time with the class teacher, we are asking all parents and carers to follow the advice below in setting up for the meetings. Please fill in all information as needed below and keep this document to hand on the day of the meeting.
From 2 weeks before the meeting
- If you do not have access to the internet, or need technical support at any stage of the process, contact the school office on 01702 478570 as soon as possible. We will work with you to find the best solution to any issues.
- If you have access to the internet, book your meeting via this link (using a personal email account):
- Once you open the link, select your child’s class at the top of the page, select the date shown above and then all available times on the day will be listed. Bookings will work on a first come, first served basis.
- Make a note of your meeting time here: Date: _______________________
- Make a note of your child’s Teams account details below. This is very important to have to hand on the day of the meeting, and without it you will not be able to access the meeting. Should you not know these details, or think you have lost them, then please contact the school office or your child’s teacher.
Child’s Teams email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Child’s password: ________________________________
On the day: meeting set up
- Make sure your child’s Teams account is logged in on the device you will use for the meeting. This can be either through the free Teams app or web browser option. Without this, you will not be able to access the meeting. This is due to the safety measures in place to make sure children cannot be contacted by people outside of school.
- Log in at least 5 minutes before the meeting start time, using the link sent in the booking confirmation to your personal email account. The link must be opened on the same device that is logged into Teams.
- Contact the school office if there is a connection issue and our ICT team will help troubleshoot issues. Please do not try to email/contact the class teacher as their account will not be checked during the meeting day.
We cannot guarantee we can solve all issues, but we will try our best to get you online in time for your meeting time.
- Your class teacher will join the meeting as soon as they are ready. As with any parent consultation, it is possible for delays to happen so please bear with us if your meeting starts a little later than planned.
We thank you for your support in following these steps so that our virtual parent/teacher consultation days can run smoothly for all members of our school community.