I am writing to confirm the latest situation with regard to Conkers Breakfast and After School Clubs with all pupils returning to school on Monday 8th March 2021. Key worker and vulnerable children bookings will be given preference until further notice.
Mrs. Roe, Extended Schools Manager, has this week been contacting key worker parents and parents of vulnerable children who have been using breakfast or after school club to confirm bookings commencing on Monday 8th March.
For families who will be requiring this service from the 8th March, please contact Mrs Roe via email@example.com regarding your booking requirements.
For families who now find they need before school or after school care who have previously not needed the clubs, you will need to register with Kids Club HQ to make a booking request.
The link to get started creating your account is here:
Bubbles have been established, and will remain in place, based on the guidance that we have been given. There are 4 main bubbles – Reception, Year 1&2, Year 3&4 and Year 5&6.
Breakfast and after school club runs every day from 7.30am to 8.35am and 3.00pm to 6.00pm in term time. Prices remain unchanged: the breakfast club is £4 per session and the after school club is £8 per session.
Each bubble has a separate area of the playground and all equipment that the children use will be disinfected between uses and food will be delivered to their tables to avoid queueing and mixing groups.
Children will be asked to continue the regular handwashing that they will already be doing in school. Whilst children will not need to socially distance in their classes, they will be asked to maintain a level of social distancing in Conkers club to minimise mixing in line with the guidelines.
When collecting, parents will not be allowed to enter and we would ask that you maintain social distancing wherever possible when waiting for your child at the door. Please find below further information on both Conkers Clubs:
- Mrs Tracey Roe is the Extended Schools Manager and Miss Carly Whitmore is the Deputy Extended Schools Club Manager, there are two great teams of staff who work with them in the Breakfast Club and After School Club.
- Further information about the clubs can be obtained from the CHJS website.
- Payment for bookings for at least the week ahead must be made by the Friday before the week in question. Failure to pay may result in your booking being cancelled. All cash or cheque (made payable to Chalkwell Hall Junior School) payments can be submitted on collection at Conkers Club. Other payment options – SIMS Pay and Childcare Vouchers will continue as normal.
- You are required to pay your contact invoice in full. Refunds will be given for sessions missed if your child is absent due to sickness or in isolation in accordance with Health and Safety guidance. Please contact via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (07756263156) as soon as possible.
- We have a policy on the Breakfast and After School Club which is available on both schools’ websites.
If you have any queries, please contact Mrs Roe on email@example.com or contact the Junior school office staff on 01702 478570.